Sunday, May 21, 2006

Who's RIGHT?

image from The Reptilian Agenda..a pretty cool site on brain physiology.

I have always thought I was goofy. I have awful directional skills. Tell me to turn left at the end of an unfamiliar hallway, I will most likely go right. I get on the wrong freeway going the wrong direction more often than I would like. And I have been in O.C. now for well over 10 years, no excuse. I just don't navigate well.

I blame my 2nd grade teacher. You see, I started out left-handed. I wrote left-handed, cut left-handed. But my mean witch of a teacher, Mrs. McCain, switched me. Of course, I had no idea, I just did what she told me to. My parents didn't know until it was too late. So I now write with my right hand, and cut with my right hand, but I do just about everything else with my left. I bat, bowl, eat, deal cards...my left is my strong hand. My son is left-handed, too. You had better believe that no one is going to try to change him! He is quite artistic. I like to think I would have been if I hadn't had my brain short-circuited at an early age. I know that sounds harsh, but honestly, more and more research on the brain is being done, and it might account for why I am an incomparable klutz when it comes to sports!

My doctor told me a few years back that if I practiced, I could write with my left hand, and would probably have better control with it. My penmanship would be better. I have tried to draw, and make better circles with my left hand, but writing is too hard at this point in my life. So I remain, mixed-dominant. But...maybe that isn't so bad, judging from the results of these tests!

Brain Lateralization Test Results
Right Brain (50%) The right hemisphere is the visual, figurative, artistic, and intuitive side of the brain.
Left Brain (50%) The left hemisphere is the logical, articulate, assertive, and practical side of the brain
Are You Right or Left Brained?(word test)

So, that's one test...but what if it was wrong? So I took this one:

Brain Lateralization Test Results
Right Brain (55.6%) The right hemisphere is the visual, figurative, artistic, and intuitive side of the brain.
Left Brain (44.4%) The left hemisphere is the logical, articulate, assertive, and practical side of the brain
Are You Right or Left Brained?(word pair test)

SAME results. Hmmm. One more?
Brain Lateralization Test Results
Right Brain (48%) The right hemisphere is the visual, figurative, artistic, and intuitive side of the brain.
Left Brain (48%) The left hemisphere is the logical, articulate, assertive, and practical side of the brain
Are You Right or Left Brained?

T, who's LEFT wondering...am I in my RIGHT mind??

Search Me: fun, quizzes
Technorati: ,

2 sent chocolate:

Paula said...

I'm 60% left and 36% right, which seems accurate, though I suck at directions same as you. I blame the druggie SoCal road planners cuz I didn't have this problem in Chicago, where everything was in a grid.

Anonymous said...

Wickidy Wacky Dim Dum Dim... (Dr. Wickidy say Hi to You)

I'm 81% left and 23% right. Hmm... Cool..

Thanks for this. I think I better start writing with my left hand. :D

Signing off... Dr. Wickidy of http://www.blogcharm.com/wackyworld

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Clicky Web Analytics