Thursday, May 11, 2006

Where Oh Where Have You Been?

ThirteenPlaces that TLC has lived


I needed a quick list today, since we are going on a field trip
  1. San Jose, CA-- was born here until age 3
  2. Colorado Springs, CO--from 3-5
  3. Anchorage Alaska--from 3-9 (halfway through 4th grade)
  4. Fort Ord, CA--for 4th and 5th grade
  5. Salinas, CA--5th grade through high school
  6. Seaside, CA--where I sowed my wild oats
  7. Brea, CA--lived with my husband's grandma when we first moved to So.CA
  8. Orange, CA--lived with my husband's grandfather while in college
  9. Fullerton, CA--our first rental on our own...we rented a room and shared common areas
  10. Anaheim, CA--shared a large apartment with best friend
  11. Costa Mesa, CA--lived in our first apartment to ourselves, our first daughter was born here
  12. Fountain Valley, CA--rented a house
  13. Costa Mesa, CA--rented a house, our 2nd child was born here (J-Bear)
  14. Fullerton CA--the house we bought, our third child was born here



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

T, who is glad to stay in one place now!

Search Me: Thursday Thirteen,
Technorati: ,

27 sent chocolate:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that was a lot of places. I've only lived around one town in my whole life. The capital of Sweden: Stockholm. But I would have loved to lived anywhere else during some years.

Ladybug Crossing said...

We had a field trip today, too!! I enjoyed your list!
LBC

MaR said...

you have moved a lot! but you remain loyal to CA. Happy TT,mine is posted. What an inviting blog name!

Kim said...

that's quite a few places! I've moved around quite a bit too...about 12 different towns between Ontario and Alberta. It sucked while growing up, but now I'm thankful for the different experiences it gave me.

Valerie said...

Wow you sure have moved around Cali alot. I will have to use this idea for a TT soon. Mine are up.

Wystful1 said...

That's a lot of different moves for you.

My daughter lived in Colorado Springs for years...and my hubby was born there.

My T - 13 is up

Chris said...

Wow...I don't have but a Thursday 5. I've only lived in 2 cities and 5 houses. I need to move more often, ha ha.

Chris

Kelly said...

You sure have lived a lot of places.
I was born and raised in the OC. I love Southern Cal!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's quite a list! I'm glad you're able to stay in one place now too. :)

Frances D said...

You've really gotten around.
I've only lived in the same zip code for 43 out of 44 and a half years.
Take care,
Frances

ms blue said...

Packing and unpacking is too stressful, especially with little ones. It must be a nice to change to be settled.

YellowRose said...

At least it was all in one state!!

Happy Thursday, my TT is up!

Wendy Boucher said...

Thanks for having stopped by my list. I'm a little irreverent so I appreciate you having a sense of humor.

I hope you get to stay put for a long time!

Angie said...

Wow! That is a lot of moves. :) I've lived in ONE city all my 35 years of life! I am not the "out of my element" type. No way.

Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

You've moved that much? Wow! I've moved three times.

Susan said...

Wow. you have been a busy person!! I haven't lived that many places...My TT is up.

Margaret said...

At least you stayed in one state! Great T13 idea. -Margie

astrocoz said...

In about 2 months, we will be neighbors, since I'm moving somewhere in Fullerton in July after my wedding! It sure is a small world, isn't it?

Thanks for stopping by my TT!

Cheryl said...

Wow. I've only moved six times in my life and three of those were as a single renting flats in my early twenties.

angela said...

Lots of moves in CA...I have moved alot, too...and when I meet people who are not family but have known each other for alike 25 years, it makes me kind of envious...Great list...

Happy Mama to Three said...

I have moved around most of my life, but not in the same state, and we just recently moved to California and our first taste of the West Coast.

Thanks for visiting my tt

C

Unknown said...

I was born and raised in the O.C.
Same story! Grew up in Costa Mesa, 1st. apt. in Fullerton...1st. apt. with husband in Anaheim,2nd. apt. in Orange, and then a Condo in Anaheim....Then we've moved around the S.W. and now call Mesa,AZ our home.Happy late TT, and Thankyou for visiting mine!

Bar L. said...

I'm a day late!!! FYI, I'm adding you to my permanent links :)

Unknown said...

Were you an Army kid? That's a lot of locations and a lot of memories to try to retain!

Haleigh Anne said...

Great list. Moving stinks, doesn't it? I moved a lot, too. My least favorite was half way through the school year. I think it is great that you are home schooling your kids...they will have so many great memories.

Trish Ess said...

Great list! Taking me awhile to make the rounds, but a belated happy TT to you! :)

Anonymous said...

Lots of places; great list! Thanks for visiting my space :D Happy weekend!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Clicky Web Analytics