Thursday, May 04, 2006

Thursday 13- Don't Kill Them!

Thirteen Things TLC Does When She Wants To Lock Her Children in the Closet

  1. 1. Take a walk around the block
  2. 2. Read a book aloud
  3. 3. Check to see what I am doing. Acting out can be a plea for my attention
  4. 4. Feed them!
  5. 5. Wash dishes. The water relaxes me.
  6. 6. Play a game
  7. 7. Put on relaxing music and dance
  8. 8. Go to the arboretum.
  9. 9. Sidewalk Chalk!
  10. 10. Put them to work!
  11. 11.Cook together
  12. 12.go to the library
  13. 13.lock myself in the bathroom!
  14. 14. (and one more, HUG THEM!)
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, PLEASE, leave a comment. I am a shameless comment slut, must have comments! It’s easy, and fun!


T, who really does love her children

Search Me: Thursday Thirteen, Kids,
Technorati: ,

60 sent chocolate:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, now this reminds me why I don't any LOL

julie said...

Have to agree Mandy. Not all of them work when your child is a teenager though.

Thanks for visiting my TT

Wystful1 said...

In other words.......Calgon take me away!! (love the graphics of the lady in the tub and your monkey---I was always told that if I were driven crazy it'd be a short drive!! roflmao)

My T T is published!!

Chaotic Mom said...

You SO UNDERSTAND!!!!! I need to put locks on my bathroom doors. Latches high enough the kids can't reach them... ;)

MaR said...

Wise list! it is applicable to all ages, I did your nr. 13 last night when Mr17 and I were having a discussion...on school, and grades and party and...oh, well. Happy TT! thanks for visiting mine!

Anonymous said...

I love the list.
Thanks for stopping by my blog. It appears we have much in common :)

http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Janne

Lazy Daisy said...

Love the list. ( and especially your pictures...they made me laugh). My TT is up too.

Carmen said...

At least it doesn't say you scream. :) But I'm sure the hugs are the most valuable

Anonymous said...

So...I'm not supposed to lock my kids in the closet? Oops! :)

Pink Chihuahua Princess said...

I've got to bookmark this list! I thought I was going to go crazy myself last week with the Little-Girl. :)

Thanks for visiting my TT. Happy Thursday!

Anonymous said...

we always love them, but sometimes we dont' have to like them very much! thanks for visiting my tt.

Cheryl said...

Brilliant.
:-)

me said...

great list. :-)
my daughter can unlock the door herself now so it doesn't work so good. ;-)

Thanks for visiting my list. :-)
Ivoryfrog x

One Scrappy Gal said...

Your list made me chuckle. I had an especially trying day with my toddler yesterday morning! Oh man I was ready to pack her in a box and ship her off to antartica! But then I kept thinking about the story of the stone, and just held her tight and kissed her all over. Being a mom is both wanting to hug your child and strangle them at the same time some days!

Kim said...

I had to laugh at #13 (lock yourself in the bathroom)! There have been times when the kids I look after are driving me crazy that the bathroom is the only refuge...even if it's only for a few minutes;)

YankeeAmanda said...

Sol far I haven't been driven too crazy, but I know that times coming!

Emily said...

I think I do all those things too! LOL

Happy TT!

twiga92 said...

Whew! Thought Blogger wasn't going to let me leave a comment. Great list!

Geggie said...

See? There really is more than one way to skin a cat!

Anonymous said...

Can you lock mine in there as well?

Great list!

Unknown said...

Music helps me a lot when the kiddos stress me out.

Angie said...

Hey, those are great alternatives! :)

Happy Thursday!

YellowRose said...

I remember those days! Great list!

Happy Thursday!

-tnchick- said...

Cute list. Some of those seem great to me - others I'll pass on, like the dishes.

Anonymous said...

Great list...I may have to copy it for future reference...lol!!

Lisa said...

OMG, I totally understand and sympathize! :)

Anonymous said...

this's a great list as usual :)
happy thursday

Frances D said...

RE: 2. Read a book aloud
Sounds like a good stressbuster - I am going to try it.
Take care,
Frances

Undercover Angel said...

Oh, I know that feeling... My TT is up.

Sherri said...

I LOVE your list!! ...and it should come in handy for me this week as my own daughter has been driving me around the bend!

...thanks for visiting my site:)

Tracy S said...

is locking yourself in the closet an option ,because I feel like doing that at times?lol

great list ...

Anonymous said...

Hmm I think this list makes me glad I don't have kids! Happy T13, mine is up!

Anonymous said...

Those are good things to do when you want to kill the beasts, I mean kids.

THANKS SO MUCH for the House update!

I will so return the favor.

I will be back to read some more. My girls love to have their nails done and we are book whores, too.

Anonymous said...

Great list! Good to hear that you take some time to cool off or relax yourself when the kids are driving you bonkers. :)

Moogie said...

I love this list. :) Sidewalk chalk rocks! But the hugging is the best. Thanks for stopping by!

Shash said...

Hiya T :)

I signed up yesterday (when you posted this) and at the time was unable to post a comment. My Thursday 13 will go up this evening after my hubby can look after the kiddos so I can get some me time. Both boys stayed home today from school, which threw my schedule all out of whack.

Check back later, k? Thanks.

Shash

Just Nancy said...

What a great list! I may have to take a lesson here. Although I don't like washing dishes. I have told my daughter that my philosophy is, "See a child, give it a chore!" That usually has gotten her to "stop" being bored pretty quick!

Thanks for the nice comment you made on my list. I will add you to my blogroll you I can come back more often!

Andrew said...

Sounds like you've got a good plan. Wish I had an Arboretum nearby.

AC

Bonnie (BornInaZoo) said...

I have my hands full with a puppy. I don't know how I would be able to handle children.

Thanks for visiting my TT.

guppyman said...

I go out and smok... wait.... Ummm... i don't know what to do now that I quit...

Food for thought....

Chana said...

Tell me how to deal with Mr. Linky not leaving my name as a link but instead of leaving it as *you*!
My TT is up!

Heather said...

Oh kiddies! I don't have any yet, but those sound like great ideas.

Anonymous said...

One time my boys were fighting and driving me crazy...so I layed on the floor and didn't move until they noticed me and they didn't know what to make of it...it got their minds of their own little problems.

Kelly said...

sidewalk chalk is the best!!!

Unknown said...

Nice! Take them to the library! (I am a librarian... heh.) Fun list - and thanks for the visit!

Anonymous said...

i agree, the key is to get them busy, sing a song, anything before you lose it!

Unknown said...

I have been known to take mine outside when I just can't cope. LOL Great TT! I might just have to try some of your ideas.

Anonymous said...

ahhhh, loved all of them I think. #4 may be my favorite because I'm a hungry monster.....

Anonymous said...

Great ideas! That bath at the end looks good too. :)

Thanks for stopping by my T-13 today!

Anonymous said...

Nice mix of solutions. I especially like number thirteen, though. Hugs are a wonderful thing.

Unknown said...

I will keep these in mind, my days will come. Justice is only 9 mos. old so we aren't quite there yet. My list is up!

amy karp | PHOTOGRAPHY said...

thanks for visiting my T13 - this is soooo cute. I need to make sure to remember your blog for my first child :)

Clean Up Foreclosed Homes said...

Great list. I've done the locking myself in the bathroom quite a few times.

Hysterectomommy said...

We do hydro-therapy with the kids. Put them in the shower in the winter, or throw them in the sprinklers in the summer.

Red Queen said...

Enjoy every minute. Mine graduates from college next week-sigh. Thanks for visitng. Sorry it took so long to get back but yesterday I was on Mr Toads Wild ride.

Trinity13 said...

Ah yes, I have def locked myself in the bathroom more than once! Heehee!!!

Froggie Mama said...

I think all Mom's have felt this way!! Going outside and/or feeding him works best for us!! ha!

Cute list! Thanks for visiting mine! Have a great weekend! :)

Anonymous said...

great ideas. many parents can learn a lot from your list. if only they had your thirteen, less and less kids would be beaten up. seriously.

enjoyed your list :)

thanks for dropping by to read my TT :)

~Vera

Anonymous said...

What a great list. Some of them work with the teens too. Sigh...Thanks for dropping by my TT! Have fun with the kids!

Joan said...

Great Thursday thirteen.

Thanks for coming to visit me. I'll keep checking your posts, too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Clicky Web Analytics