Thursday, May 25, 2006

A FANTAStic Thirteen

13 Characters from Lord of the Rings, as seen through TLC's Son's Eyes

My son loves Lord of the Rings. Yes, he is 7. No, he has never seen the movies (do you think I am crazy?) No, he has never read the books. But he has seen pictures and asked enough questions to get the gist of the story. So, I thought it would be fun to show you what he has been up to, lately.You can click on the picture to enlarge, if you want.

  1. 1.

    Gandalf Greyhame..I particularly love his hair.

  2. 2.

    Boromir, son of Denethor, Steward of Gondor. Tries to take the Ring from Frodo.

  3. 3.

    One of the Nine Kings (The Nazgul) who fell into Shadow after Sauron enslaved their minds

  4. 4.

    One of the winged dragon-creatures that the Nazgul ride. These terrorize armies by picking them up and throwing them. In the movie, they are huge.

  5. 5.

    Eowyn, daughter of Eomer and niece to Theoden King. (JBear didn't realize that Eowyn wears a dress, as I said, he hasn't seen the movies)

  6. 6.

    Strider, AkA Aragorn, King of Gondor, Elessar (Elfstone)

  7. 7.

    Legolas, an elf, from Rivendell and member of the Fellowship of the Ring, formed in order to destroy the One Ring. I think this one looks a bit like a Vulcan, what do you think?

  8. 8.

    Gimli, the dwarf, also a part of the Fellowship.

  9. 9.

    An orc, member of Sauron's armies, and Bad News

  10. 10.

    Frodo Baggins, the hobbit who carries the Ring to Mordor to destroy it. He pays a heavy price.

  11. 11.

    Samwise Gamgee, Frodo's gardener and best friend. He proves instrumental in helping Frodo.

  12. 12.

    Gollum, the creature that had the Ring before Bilbo found it and gave it to Frodo. He follows Frodo to get the Ring back.

  13. 13.

    A bonus picture of the Fellowship. These and Frodo are my favorite figures.Yes, he forgot Arwen, and Faramir and Theoden, and a few others, but like I said, he hasn't actually seen the movies or read the book. i think he did quite well, considering.

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun!

PLEASE if you auto-link, leave a comment. I want to know you were here!

T, who loves LOTR, but loves her son's Creativity more

Technorati: ,

19 sent chocolate:

Anonymous said...

I'd say that's pretty impressive...so cute too, really. That's a lot of work. Thanks for sharing!! :)

Janet said...

Oh WOW! I'm a huge LOTR fan...my blog used to be called fondofelves lol. LOVE the Gimli one :-)

Bar L. said...

HOW FUN! Thanks for posting those, I needed to smile. Hey how does that rent my blog thing work?

Geggie said...

That's one creative kid you've got on your hands!

Angie said...

Now THAT is imagination!! Very cool. :)

Anonymous said...

How creative! I love that you included your son :)
And thanks for stopping by to read my TT!

Anonymous said...

LOL that's great! I love your sons pictures. :)

Anonymous said...

LOL. I love the pictures! great imagination.

Fingers To Toes Photography said...

OH WOW what a great imagination!!! They really are amazing from not even seeing the movies or reading the books! :) You should be proud...and yes I think Legolas looks like a vulcan LOL! :D

BTW This is my first time playing...its soo fun seeing all the 13's

Anonymous said...

very imaginative!

my tt is up.

Anonymous said...

Very cute! Your son has quite an imagination.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the fun! Great idea!

My list is up!

ms blue said...

That's a real talent that your son has! He must be truly fascinated by the Lord of the Rings.

Shash said...

The was SO awesome!!!! Me and the boys loved it!

Shash

angela said...

These are so creative...I love it! Glad you got pictures...:-)

Anonymous said...

Very good, he's quite an artist!! Thanks for sharing :D

Cheryl said...

Sorry I'm late. Thats fantastic!
Perhaps he'll grow up to be the best special effects man the movies have ever seen...
I think until the name was coined, Aspergers was often referred to as passion :-)

Lady Jane said...

I love LOTR. Those are adorable!

Anonymous said...

awww that was cute. I loved LOTR.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Clicky Web Analytics