Saturday, June 28, 2008

There is a Reason We Don't Watch Childrens' Television

I was surfing today and one thing led to another, I ended up on YouTube, and found this FrightFest:

There is not enough money in the world for all the therapy JBean would need if she saw this. She would never eat again. Food? Alive? In her tummy? Do these people hate kids, or are they just clueless? I have a literal kid. She would not sleep for days. I get what they are trying to do: Umm, vegetables, yummy! I want to eat them. Om nom nom nom nom. But, really, do they have to pander? Kids are smart, they don't need this approach.

T, who swears her kids eat without dancing carrots

8 sent chocolate:

Nauntie Lush said...

This show is scary for all kinds of reasons. But those vegetables are just asking for a lawsuit from parents of kids who need therapy to eat! Thankfully my kid thinks that show is "stupid" and prefers Dirty Jobs, and other Discovery shows. Yes, we have to watch dumb cartoons too, but that CRAP is fortunately not one of them. (My child also eats veggies without me nagging him!)

Lisa Russell said...

I just love the song, though. we sing it every day. But just because it's funny, not as a covert attempt to get them to eat veggies for fear of hurting their feelings.

http://mrshannigan.blogspot.com/2008/06/my-9-5-job.html

Tina@ SendChocolateNow said...

that lady with 6 daughters: I THOUGHT I saw the video on a blog, but couldn't remember where! I was surfing GayCondo and he had a link to another song, ended up on YouTube and found this one. Sorry if it looked like I snagged your stuff. Didn't mean to...

buffi said...

Oh, that show is like Sesame Street on acid. And what about the guy who looks like a giant p*nis? Creeeepy!!!

walking said...

I can never look another carrot in the eye ever after this. I think I need therapy after watching that!

Tina said...

I hate that programme too! They do put some strange stuff on kids tv sometimes. I dont think they realise the effects it can have!

mommy~dearest said...

Wow- that's pretty disturbing. It's a close run to the idiocy of the Boobahs. *shudder* I'm going to have nightmares now.

Violet the Verbose said...

Yeah. Totally. There are a lot of good, smart kids' shows out there that don't treat them like idiots. We watch those.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Clicky Web Analytics