Monday, April 10, 2006

A Mouse With Pasties??

I am feeling tapped out today, trying to fight a cold that hasn't won yet. I have been fighting it for days, and I almost have it pinned. So, today, you get to play. I didnt' think of this, I got the idea from another blogger, but I still loved it.

In comments today, I want you to press Ctrl-V and paste whatever is left in your mouse. Then explain what it is, and why it's there. Got it? This could be fun, so please don't be a stick in the mud...play along!

I will start.

6 sent chocolate:

Tina@ SendChocolateNow said...

ok here is what I have:

"And then these Clash-listening kids grew up and had kids of their own, and the next generation of kids started listening to music, like Franz Ferdinand and Interpol and Bloc Party, that you might assume their parents would absolutely despise. Except it doesn’t really work that way anymore. In part, because how can their parents hate Interpol when they sound exactly like Joy Division? And in part, because how can their parents hate Bloc Party when their parents just downloaded Bloc Party and think it’s awesome and totally better than the Bravery!"

This is an C&P to my husband about an article I was reading in New York Magazine. I sent it to him via IM. I don't want to say too much, because I am blogging it. But I loved this excerpt, and identified with it strongly.

Anonymous said...

zoom-follow-window

Katie Burke said...

Monday, April 10, 2006
I Know I've Been Changed
I am really enjoying my own company lately. I have always liked my alone time ... but these days, I just can't get enough of it.

It is as if I am in the honeymoon phase of a relationship with myself. However, in light of the fact that I am 32 years old and therefore well past the beginning stages, I'd say it is more likely that I have rekindled a relationship with myself that has been here all along, waiting for me to appreciate it.

And I really do appreciate this relationship with myself. I recognize what an amazing blessing this relationship is, and the best part is knowing that I hold all the power to keep it alive. I cannot divorce myself, I cannot stand myself up for a date, and I cannot annoy myself so terribly that I will feel there is no other choice but to walk out on myself.

I suppose that anything on the above list could conceivably happen in the metaphorical sense, but it is nice to know that none of these things can be "done to me." Any abandonment that I do to myself, I will have done with the full range of alternatives available to me. I am in charge of my life, and that means that I am free. I am free to live, I am free to love shamelessly, and I am free to just be with myself and enjoy my own company.

Oh, I know I've been changed ... I know I've been changed. Oh, I know I've been changed. Been through the fire and I've changed my name.
posted by Amanda Marlaena at 10:19 PM 0 comments

I just hit "control-v," and my most recent blog post came out. I think that happened because I save all my blog posts as Word documents by copying and pasting them after I've published. (You never know when Blogger might evaporate into thin air, taking all of my precious blog posts with it.) Fun game!

Oh, and I just discovered your blog and really love your writing! I'll definitely be back ...

Tina@ SendChocolateNow said...

That's a good idea, Amanda. I actually write my posts in Text Edit, then paste them into the Blogger editor. I have had too many editors lock up as I was writing to trust an online editor completely.

Thanks for stopping by, and I am glad you enjoyed my blog.

Anonymous said...

I was working on MySpace so who knows what will come out:

Avoid all disrespect to or contempt of the religion of the country and its ceremonies. Prudence, policy, and a true Christian spirit will lead us to look with compassion upon their errors without insulting them. While we are contending for our own liberty, we should be very cautious of violating the rights of conscience in others, ever considering that God alone is the judge of the hearts of men, and to him only in this case they are answerable.
--George Washington

Jennifer said...

Me too! Me too! I write my blog posts in a blank E-mail message, so that's what CTRL-V gets out of me today.

Before pasting though, I'll add that I recently joined Crazy/Hip and found you by following the "+" link from my own blog. I several links in new tabs and once you loaded and I clicked in, I got confused because I had just been on my own page and you use the same template I do. Also, I am personally both a J and a T, and have a 4.5 and a 7 y/o. Cool. Homeschooling though? Not in a million years. (For me, I mean. Nothing against anyone who does enjoy it!)

So without further ado, I bring you CTRL-V:

The 1989 Mitsubishi Montero is a four-seater. You can get a fifth person into the middle-back seat, but they won't have a seatbelt. Or much hip room. There's a rear door that opens onto a bit of space behind the back seat; just enough for a box of the stuff most people would keep in the trunk. If you have to haul something larger than a milk crate, you can fold the back seat down, or even down-and-up-the-other-side, but then of course you've got yourself a two-holer.

My parrot has herself some fairly spaceous digs, so when I need to transport her there's one option and one option only: She sits in the front passenger seat. It works pretty well if I remember to empty her water dish. I pet her at stop signs and she seems pretty content as long as her big plastic peanut doesn't get to swinging and bop her on the head. (The parrot needed to be dropped off at Yolanda's house because our house sitters never seem to feel up to risking life and digits to feed her.)

The girls did their own packing, so they each had a kid-sized bag. I had a backpack of clothes and a second bag with paperwork, paperbacks and a couple of (paper) things to pull out when the kids got bored. We also had a plastic bag with groceries and a six-pack of refreshing beverages. And a separate bag with a bunch of bananas that never would have made it through the weekend otherwise.

Oh, and we have a quilt retreat coming up next week, so I had to take my two sewing machines over too.

So we've got a parrot on the front seat, sewing machines under the kids' feet, backpacks & groceries stuffed in on each side of the children. And behind the back seat? That was where I put the watchdog, who also had to be evacuated because last time our housesitter was here she tried to bite (he says "castrate") him.

Did I mention that this is the dog who throws herself bodily against the sliding glass doors whenever the parrot is visible within? Let's just say it was an exhilarating ride. And I should have put the sewing machines in the back.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Clicky Web Analytics