Sunday, April 02, 2006

DayWHU? Or...I lost an hour of sleep because someone thought this was a good idea because?

This Daylight Savings Time is kicking my butt. I hate it I love it I hate it. I love the extra hour of daylight, since I am very addicted to the sun for regulation of my mood. I hate the lost hour of sleep. Last night I was doing the Net Thing -you know, when the kids are in bed and you are just wasting time, linking to sites that link to other sites that link to other sites... I bought some books at Amazon. Not the way cool with-it books I would have bought before kids, though. These were mostly homeschool, where the hell has my life gone, kind of books. Still, they were books. That's something. Anyway, I am completely absorbed in the minutiae that is my Beloved Internet, when I look at my computer clock. It's 1:55 A.M. This is a common thing on weekends, so, time to think about going to bed. Alrighty then, headed there soon. Just have to check one more thing... and then it happens. I am sitting here, minding my own business, my clock malfunctions. Out of the blue, my 1:59 a.m. display turns to 2:00 a.m. That's doable. But then, it flickers and it changes to WHAT? My eyes. I must be more tired than I thought. THREE?? Ah, crap. Daylight Savings Time, and I have just lost an hour of my coveted sleep. Why can't I ever remember when that happens? I am stinkin' tired today.

But ever, for your enjoyment (come on, indulge me and pretend you exist!) I am here to provide. I found this on You Tube.. Brandon likes to reenact scenes from movies. Don't ask me how I found this..you don't want to know. He is entertaining if you have a few minutes, reminiscent of the Star Wars Kid or Numa Numa... a reenactment of a scene from one of my all-time fave movies, The Princess Bride. It is a funny to think how many times this guy watched the scene to be able to duplicate it so well. So, how many of the lines from Princess Bride can you recite from memory? Once the kid got going, I could pretty much keep up with him. After that though, it lead to other lines I remembered, which lead to other lines...and now, here I am sitting here with the entire movie coursing through my head. They make medication for that, I think. Gah, I need a nap. I tried to get the kids to lay down, but what a fight that turned into. So. Now, I am tired because of their lack of nap. I think they make medication for that, too.

0 sent chocolate:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Clicky Web Analytics