Monday, April 27, 2009

A Walk With a Purpose (I would walk 500 miles...)

For the first time, my family and I participated in the March of Dimes March for Babies this weekend. We walked with Team Maddie and really felt part of something bigger than ourselves. Is it wrong to say we just about enjoyed it? My son walked the whole three miles with J and me, but JBean rode in the wagon all the way. It was a pretty easy walk. Heather and Mike Spohr lead the walk at the beginning, holding the banner for the entire March for Babies. Heather also spoke about Maddie, her prematurity and how instrumental the March of Dimes was in Maddie's treatment as a baby.

There isn't one picture of me there, but I assure you, I was. I tend to take the pictures, which always happens. There are so many events that I have no record of attending because I was busy behind the camera. I figure my children will grow up traumatized since I apparently was never around. Oh well, drop another quarter in the therapy jar...

It was an honor to walk for Team Maddie, and doubly so because JBean was a 31.4 week preemie, and spent 30 days in the NICU, so March of Dimes was a great place for us to be, too. My family agreed that we will make it an annual event, and start seeking out other walks for other causes as well.

These are just a few pictures. If you want to see them all, check out my flickr account.

T, who really WAS there

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 sent chocolate:

TooManyHats said...

Woo-hoo! So glad you could go.

Recent blog post: Books Thus Far...

Vixen said...

Great job. It was probably terrific to be their and share in the event.

I am never in any picture either. Always behind the camera!

Recent blog post: Don’t Make Me Get My Flying Monkeys

T, blog owner said...

Thanks, I was glad we could go, too. Kind of crazy, the drive, though. So sheltered here in Orange County.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Clicky Web Analytics