I love you. I really do. I love your blog, and I love the fact that you keep coming back to read mine. I am just one big messy, fuzzy ball of gooey love for you. And I know I wrote the post below about Entrecard and how frustrating the quality of blogs and content can be, but for the most part, I really love this Blogosphere. And I want to add my contribution, of what I think makes a good blog.
How to Write Good Blog Posts
- Content, baby. Write often, write well.
- Make me laugh, cry, get pissed off. In short, make me feel it
- be involved in the blog community, don't sit on a pedestal and look at the plebes who comment
- be REAL. This is key. Use your own voice.
- have an easy-to-read template, and check it against all browsers. What you see isn't always what others see
- gussy up your posts with pictures, but don't make it too image-heavy, or it will have long loading times
- provide an experience that your reader can't get anywhere else
- Know who you are; some call this "branding"..I call it authenticity.
- this is so important I am listing it twice. GET INVOLVED. The Blogosphere is a conversation, NOT a monologue.
T, who big pink puffy hearts you, lots n' lots