To those who do Entrecard:
I recently lost all my bookmarks in Flock (long story, having to do with beta version and not saving from one version to the other.) In any case, recently Entrecard banned the generators that I used to use to drop cards. So I am starting over, making my folders of 10 bookmarks and dropping on people. I have to get this off my chest, or I will explode. I have come to this conclusion:
There's a lot of crap out there
So, this is the post I have been trying not to write. But I finally had to do it.
Don't expect a return visit from me:
- if you do paid posts and don't divulge that until the end of the post
- you have embedded music. Period. It is extremely annoying!
- if your blog is all about making money, and you aren't in the money-making blogs section
- you don't have a decent command of the English language
- if you don't write good content; don't spend five minutes and post with typos just to get "something" up
- if all you have on your blog is negative posts. I have my own shit to deal with, I don't want a steady ration of yours as well
- you're just a repository for ads and want page views, not readers
- you are simply a giveaway clearinghouse. I read blogs as a Slice of Life, not to get stuff
- you have no original content, simply recycled from elsewhere
- the template is too busy and interferes with the posts
- if the badge on Entrecard has nothing to do with your blog
That's my rant, add your own. Do you do Entrecard? Do you think it adds quality traffic, or is your bounce rate high?
And, just so you know that I am not completely all about the negative, the next post is how to write a good blog post.
T, who says just because monkeys CAN create Shakespeare, should they?