Friday, November 13, 2009

You want fries with that? Oh wait, I thought I was somewhere else...

Tomorrow, Nov.14th, our church is doing a special Serve Day...about 2,000 of us are fanning out into our community and taking part in various projects throughout the day. My family has signed up to plant vegetation at Brea Olinda high school, to replenish the plants that were there before the big fire last year. We are especially concentrating upon a slope, hopefully to get some anchor for the soil before the rainy season comes.

It is so easy to say that we don't have time to serve. Sure, we are all busy, I know our family is! But to my way of thinking, we don't have time not to serve..if not us, then who?

I leave you with one of the funniest videos I have seen in a long time. This guy's YouTube account is a must-view.

T, who's bringing servin' back, yeah.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 sent chocolate:

TONY LETTS said...

It's essential to give something back - that's why I work at the children's hospice and other stuff. I get back more than I put in

Trish said...

Awesome idea, and cool video!

Tina@ SendChocolateNow said...

Tony: I wish I had MORE time to be able to serve! I am a youth leader at church (yesh, they let me near impressionable teens!) And I do things with the kids when I can. We have done gleaning, planting, litter pickup, visiting homeless... it's important that they learn to give back.

Trish: Thanks, bramsvan on YouTube is hilarious, if you get a chance check out all his stuff.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Clicky Web Analytics