Tuesday, November 03, 2009

We are (OC) Family

I just want to get this straight. I do live in Orange County, CA. Not the Orange County with the multi-million dollar houses. I don't live behind a locked gate, sipping vodka martinis in a hot tub. I haven't had any "work" done, besides the standard semi-exercise to keep my butt from sagging to my knees. I like yoga, and I flirt with Pilates, mess about a bit with karate, but don't have a personal trainer, and certainly not one with a six-pack named Del or Hans or Antony. I own a scale, but I never look at it. I would rather poke out an eye than to let anyone near my face with a syringe full of toxin, image bedamned.

I am not a Lady of Leisure. I have three kids, and they keep me hopping. I load my own dishwasher, and can't rationalize paying someone else to clean the hair out of my tub when I am home all day. (if you want to, that's cool, I just have that liberal guilt thing that plagues me). I don't play tennis, or belong to a country club. But I am still an Orange County resident, and proud of it. Orange County is a place like no other.

That's why when Suzanne asked me to be an OC Family mom blogger, I said yes. I am thrilled to be part of the new OC Family mom bloggers (and one dad!), from all over Orange County. We'll write blogs on the site, so visit us regularly! We are moms who work, play and live for real. I'm representin' North OC! Where my homies at? Fullerton, holler! My blog over there is called Trampled by Zebras, and anyone who deals with special needs will understand that often that's how life feels. Come join me!

These women (ok, the guy, too) are hawt, happenin' and here to stay. Check em out. And check out the new OC Family mom blogs. You can be part of the movement, too! They offer blogs for moms (and dads!) as well.

Below is a link to all of the personal blogs:

Allison @ Green Mom
Adam @ Reluctant Stay at Home Dad
Andrea @ Hip Moms Who Work
Anna @ Working Mom
Arceley @ Daytripping Mom
Beckey @ Hippo Brigade
Caryn @ Rockin' Mama
Ciaran @ Momfluential
Debbie @ Peace, Love & Momminess
Julie @ Angry Julie Monday
Kelly @ According to Kelly
Kristen @ New Mom
Lorna @ Calif Lorna
Marcie @ Suburban Mama
Marisa @ Generic OC Witty Blog
Marcy @ The Glamorous Life Association
Suzanne @ Alive in Wonderland

our beach shoot was done by Dana Sipper, of Sipper Photography. She's amazingly talented, and even managed to make me look good!

T, who promises not to sing the "We are Fam-i-ly" song

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

7 sent chocolate:

The Four Week Vegan said...

Way to represent the hood!

Gregg Gallagher said...

Hey grats on joining Suz & the OC Family team!

Julie {Angry Julie Monday} said...

Woohoo!!!!!! Tina Rocks!!! I need to comment more over there, but sigh, I remember going to Rocky Horror in Balboa with all the drama peeps.

Eli's Lids said...

I wish I had someone to clean my house. I would if I had the cash. And I wouldn't feel guilty because I would be helping another family! Right? At least that is the way I would justify it!

Dana~Are We There Yet? said...

I stumbled on your blog when I cheekily put your url in an email to my hubby. I decided to see if it was a real website, and guess what? Great url, btw. Now I'm going to have to stick around and read because, hello Coincidence! I'm a homeschooling mom of 5, two with disabilities, one of those disabilities being autism. So, helloooo! From someone who needs chocolate NOW!!

TONY LETTS said...

Queen of the blogs - that's you Tina lol

Tina@ SendChocolateNow said...

Too Many Hats: North OC RULEZ LOL

Gregg: Thanks! I am thrilled to be in such great company.

Angry Julie: that's because ALL the cool kids were at Rocky. (or at least we thought we were BEYOND cool)

Eli's Lids: Exactly! I mean, we all need to do our part! Circulate that capital!

Dana: WELCOME and I hope you continue to read! I am glad to have you here. I wish I had your email, I would have welcomed you with a short note. Thanks for being here! Also, do you know about Autism Sucks? it's a community blog with parent writers that I started. Would love to have you contribute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Clicky Web Analytics