Tuesday, December 15, 2009

My little lamb found her way home

Well, The Nutcracker is done and over this year, and another costume is but a memory. Jbean wasn't in love with this year's dance or the costume, but it was still pretty cute. The production was at a local community theatre, and it was very nicely staged. ... of course we all love the result, but it is a lot of work getting there! And she is still so young...if she sticks with ballet, I cannot imagine what our holidays will look like. We already had rehearsals most Sunday afternoons in October and November, and Jean only had a small part. I think the older girls who audition for solos just about live at the studio! (and it showed, they are all really very good!) I mentioned before how worried I was about her being able to master her dance, but she did really well! It wasn't perfect, but then, that isn't as important at this level. It is important to relax and have fun. As they get older, their technique improves.

Big brother was on hand to cheer her on, and though it isn't his favorite, he was good at supporting her. Grandma Sue was able to be there, and that meant a lot to JBean, too. JBean loves her instructor, who also owns the studio.

Jbug couldn't be there, she was in rehearsal for her own production. They start their run this Friday, though I have been running since she signed up. Often, they both had to be somewhere at the same time. So that was fun. Still, it is a very good experience for them both, so I am willing to overlook a bit of inconvenience.

T, who is breathing again, at least for a minute or so

4 sent chocolate:

Accidental Expert said...

She looks so beautiful. I love the Nutcracker. My boys don't. So I have to live vicariously right now.

Another beautiful post.

Tina@ SendChocolateNow said...

Expert: thanks so much! My son wasn't loving it, but he was dragged there to support his sister. She has to go to his karate competitions, it's only fair.

Unknown said...

That is so precious. :)

TONY LETTS said...

she looks a natural!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Clicky Web Analytics