Monday, January 05, 2009

I Don't Make New Year's Resolutions. But, If I Did...

Lately I have been thinking about why I am not writing as much. I am not really burnt out, but just feeling a lot of pressure to perform or something. Then I read this, and now I get it. She said it more eloquently than I could. So, rather than try and reinvent the wheel,just go read Okay, Fine, Dammit. Now.

Have you found yourself writing less? Do you have a plan to deal with it?

T, who says why can't I just write and forget what people think?

4 sent chocolate:

Anonymous said...

I have definitely found myself writing less, but was hoping it was just the natural stress of the holidays. Surely the writing fairy is waking up from her long winter's nap and is getting ready to take up abode on my shoulder again. Surely!!!

Anonymous said...

I had my own little blog writing crisis three days ago...I think okay, fine, dammit got it right when she said we need to be authentic, not to care. I have the hardest time writing when I censor myself, think about my parents reading it (yeah. sad. I know), and when I'm afraid to tell the whole truth 'cause I don't want to depress anyone.

Time to set myself free. Isn't that what blogs are for?

Sorry...I didn't introduce myself. I'm Spring,former lurker here.

Maggie, Dammit said...

Ohhh, thank you! This is so sweet, I really appreciate the shout-out.

I only wish I was as good as taking my own advice as I am at dishing it out. ;)

If it works, come help me - deal? ;)

Thank you.

Tina@ SendChocolateNow said...

topsytechie: I am trying, I just don't feel motivated, and I don't know why.

Spring: thanks for coming out of lurkdom! It is wonderful to meet you!

maggie: what you wrote really resonated with me and I wanted to share it with my readers. Thanks for letting me do that.

T.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Clicky Web Analytics