Friday, March 03, 2006

I have ethics

SO if you found this page, I assume you are either:
1) a company/PR firm looking to publicize your product/service.
2) a reader wondering where I stand on the whole blog for stuff issue
3) a person who is lost and needs to go read something I wrote that is funny.

Let's get down to brass tacks.

I review products and events/services on this blog or on my review blog, with a link back to this one.

I am first and foremost, a writer. Everything I do is colored by that fact. Some see value in what I do. They hope I reach an audience that can identify with their product. I get to decide if that's true. If I think you'll like it, I'll tell you about it. If it doesn't fit what I'm doing, I'll pass.

People sometimes give me stuff. You know, like they have been doing for years with magazine editors. They want you to know the latest and best products. All on the up and up. But just like money can't buy love, no one can buy my opinion. I don't take bribes. Just know that if am posting about it, I probably had one given to me so that I could tell you about it. Sometimes, I will post about things I like, just because.

I don't take money for reviews. It feels yucky to me, so I just don't do it. Others might, but that's not what I am comfortable doing. On the radio, personalities regularly read ads in first person, and no one gives them a hard time. I prefer not to blur the lines.

I make the rules. I control my content, and as such, I write what I like. I don't write negative reviews. But I do reserve the right to express my opinion in the way I see fit. Please don't ask me to edit my review, or change the language. It is what it is.

I don't want to waste your time, or mine. Whether you are a potential advertiser or a member of my blog community, what I do matters to me. My readers are important, and I want them to appreciate what I have to say. I hope that I can be of help to them in some small way, while making them laugh, cry and think.

Thanks for reading!

0 sent chocolate:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Clicky Web Analytics