Thursday, July 06, 2006

T13- Maybe I Should Just Stay Home

13 Things About TLC's Car

  • 1. I drive a 2001 Kia Sedona.
  • 2. I like it quite well, but the air keeps going out.
  • 3.Last time it did was a year ago.
  • 4. It is out again. First it was just not getting really cold, and making a hissing noise. Then the air turned warm and swampy.
  • 5. Today is the day we are supposed to go to the beach with our homeschool group, but the air is out in my van and no way am I driving 20 minutes in a tin can with no air.
  • 6. JBear might get heatstroke, sitting in the back of the van with no real windows!
  • 7. I have had my van at the dealer three times now to get the air fixed. The first time was the third week of June. They diagnosed the problem and ordered the part, I brought the van back. They ordered the wrong part! I had to wait until after July 4th. Monday, I took it in, there is another part missing! They ordered that, should be here today. So frustrating.
  • 8. The good news is that it is under warranty.
  • 9. The bad news is that Kia dealers all around us are closing up shop. This is one of the last left in the area. It is even in my city.
  • 10. But I was going to another city, because I bought my car there and I liked them better. That dealer is closed now, so I have no choice.
  • 11. This is our second Kia. The first was J's 1995 Sportage.
  • 12. He still drives it. It has over 125,000 miles on it.
  • 13. Because all the dealers are closing, it is doubtful we will buy another Kia, though they make a good car. We would consider it, but reliable local service is important. So we will probably buy another make instead. My dream is the Honda Odyssey, but it is spendy. We will probably get a Nissan Quest. It is J's turn for a new car, though. This fall he will probably end up buying a hybrid, like the Prius.
  • >
    The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, auto-link to your Thirteen. It’s easy, and fun! I will visit everyone who auto-links from my page!


    T, who is thinking I could sweat away the pounds in my own personal "Sauna on Wheels"

    Search Me: Thursday Thirteen, memes,
    Technorati: , ,

    17 sent chocolate:

    Anonymous said...

    Car problems are very frustrating, good luck!

    Heather said...

    My air conditioning was a little weird a couple of weeks ago - it was awful to drive it in the heat so I can understand! I hope it gets fixed soon!

    Pixie said...

    I've owned 2 Kia's; 1st one was a Sephia; nice 4 door car had that when oldest joined the family. The dashboard squeaked in that car..... it was like to pieces of styrofoam rubbing together; gave me the chills. No one could fix it either. Then we traded that in for a Sportage. That was nice; really liked it but then daughter came along so we traded that in for a Chrysler Town & Country minivan; by far that's been the best vehicle we've ever owned.

    Happy Mama to Three said...

    Oh the agony of losing air I had a car that it went out over and over and over, thank God for warranties.

    Cindi
    My TT is up and running

    Lady Jane said...

    I hate no air conditioning! Hope you can get it fixed and it stays fixed! :)

    Jen said...

    Yikes, that would bug me, too! I hate it when my car isn't working and I can't get out and do the stuff we have scheduled!

    And, like you, I see my whole life as possible future blog material now! :-)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Jen said...

    I would DIE if I didn't have air in my truck!! Good luck on getting it fixed!!

    Thanks for the visit btw! I do like Wordpress - however, you can't play around with the layouts AT ALL and you can't use the fun gadgets like Mr. Linky and Blogrolling. UNLESS - you pay to have your site hosted somewhere. I'd just rather not pay for it. I've used Blogger before, and it just seems a whole lot more flexible. I suppose I should just bite the bullet and pay for my hosting.....

    Oh - and the dog food is actually inside - in my kitchen! That's whats freakin me out! It must be a mouse or something.....

    Margaret said...

    Cars they are so mean to us. My Sante Fe is only 1 1/2 years old and the AC went out also. The 2nd time! I wonder if owning a horse and buggy takes this much money and expense? Great list. -Margie

    One Scrappy Gal said...

    I used to have that problem in my old vehicle..had to keep pumping it full of freon! Living in the south... AC is a huge necessity! Now we have a Town and Country Chrysler minivan... no more problems.

    Happy TT!

    Anonymous said...

    It is so hard to find a place to service a car without a hassel. My favorite cars have been Nissan, and I will difinitely try to get another one next time....which will e a while! :(
    Great list! Thanks for stopping by my TT.

    Take care!

    Anonymous said...

    I hope your air conditioning is fixed soon! My husband still drives our Kia Sephia. It has been going for over 10 years now and has really high mileage on it. We figure that he will drive it until it drops!

    Happy T13!

    Lynn said...

    I drive a Toyota Sienna and love it. We had Ford Windstars before, but too many problems. Hope you get your air back soon. We've had some really nice cool days here in Ohio for a change. Thanks for stopping by my TT.

    I love Todd Agnew!

    Anonymous said...

    I drive a suburu wagon and just wish it could kick it up a notch (when getting barrelled down by a trucker). Fun post ~lisa

    Warm Fuzzies said...

    My air is out on my car too, and it's supposed to be over 90 degrees tommorow...ain't no way I'll be going anywhere either...I have a sunfire-it can sit and BURN! Having no air is the WORST!

    Cheers!

    Tracie Nall said...

    I, too, dream of a Honda Odyssey....I hope you can get your air fixed soon-there is nothing worse than that in the summer.

    Anonymous said...

    Argggh, I hope you get the air conditioning problem resolved soon! I know you're probably really feeling it in the summer heat. My husband's car recently had some issues and it took four trips to the dealership (luckily under warranty) to get them dealt with. Cars can be such a pain sometimes.

    Dr. Stewart said...

    Just drive with the window down! Its summer, blast some hip hop music and stick your arm out the window. You will be the hippest home school mom in town.

    Related Posts with Thumbnails
     
    Clicky Web Analytics